Many scientists know NEB as a trusted reagent supplier to the life science community, having had formative lab experience with our reagents and tools. What you may not know is that we also offer a portfolio of products that can be used in infectious disease research, development of diagnostics and therapies, as well as in epidemiological studies and disease surveillance.
With almost 50 years of experience in molecular biology and enzymology, NEB has the expertise to support your infectious disease research and development. We pride ourselves in being a resource to you, not just through our product offering, but through the support that we provide. Our OEM & Customized Solutions Team has been serving customers for over 30 years, and can quickly apply a cross-functional team of scientists and staff to understand your needs and provide solutions that address them.
- Benefit from nearly 50 years of experience in molecular biology and enzymology
- Work with our OEM & Customized Solutions team to find the perfect solution for your needs
- Benefit from our extensive production capabilities
- Use our products in ``GMP-grade`` quality*, lyophilized, lyo-ready or glycerol-free
- Trust the performance of our reliable products for your projects, backed by stringent quality & regulatory measures
Infectious Disease Research
Gaining a better understanding of viral entry, interactions between the host and cellular proteins, proliferation, and host immune response are all critical in being able to develop tools to prevent infection. Comprising a variety of projects, from expression profiling to the identification of drug targets, and more, the search for clues in the battle against infectious diseases is expansive and requires a multi-pronged approach. This important work demands high-quality reagents that are consistently available, and will work when you need them.
- Monarch nucleic acid purification kits – quick and easy purification of high quality DNA and RNA
- NEBNext Ultra II reagents for library preparation – generate high quality DNA and RNA sequencing libraries with low inputs and streamlined workflows
- NEBNext Immune Sequencing Kit (Human) – accurate sequencing of full-length immune gene repertoires from human B and T cells
- NEBNext Microbiome DNA Enrichment Kit – enrichment of microbial DNA from methylated host DNA from mixed samples
Diagnostics & Detection
Development of molecular diagnostics that robustly and accurately detect harmful micro-organisms, including viruses, are critical to identifying and preventing the spread of disease. Nucleic acid amplification is commonly used to identify the presence of specific sequences within pathogenic microbes. These techniques include qPCR and RT-qPCR for real time quantitation of nucleic acids and loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for robust, single temperature amplification, which can be performed easily in the point-of-care setting, such as a clinic or in the field. Sequencing has also proven a useful tool in the detection of variants, aiding in the real-time monitoring of changing viral dynamics in an at-risk population.
- Luna reagents for RT-qPCR – superior performance across a wide variety of sample types
- Colorimetric LAMP kits and mixes – isothermal amplification method that provides a visual detection of amplification
- LyoPrime Luna Probe One-Step RT-qPCR Mix with UDG – sensitive detection of target RNA sequences in a room temperature stable format
- NEBNext kits for the ARTIC workflow – optimized NGS library prep for SARS-CoV-2 sequencing compatible with Illumina and Oxford Nanopore Technology sequencing workflows
Epidemiology & Surveillance
Epidemiological studies are important as they help to better characterize disease-causing agents, including viruses, as well as monitor evolution and spread of disease. NGS can be used to identify variants, which can then help track disease transmission, and inform public health decisions as well as drug and diagnostic development. Products that support epidemiological studies, such as tools that can extract viral RNA and generate high quality libraries from complex sample like nasopharyngeal swabs and community wastewater samples are a critical first step in generating robust sequencing data. Additionally, reagents that are compatible with automated workflows are beneficial in generating data at high throughputs.
Vaccine Development & Manufacturing
Development and manufacturing of vaccines, both protein- and nucleic acid-based, are happening faster than ever before. Relying on one solution is not an option – multiple approaches that utilize a variety of workflows are critical to achieving success. Recent experience has exposed the need for high quality reagents that are accessible at scale, often under more stringent conditions, and that are available a variety of product formats.
“GMP-grade” is a branding term NEB uses to describe reagents manufactured at NEB’s Rowley facility. The Rowley facility was designed to manufacture reagents under more rigorous infra- structure and process controls to achieve more stringent product specifications and customer requirements. Reagents manufactured at NEB’s Rowley facility are manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management system standards. However, at this time, NEB does not manufacture or sell products known as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), nor does NEB manufacture its products in compliance with all of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations.