A rapid method for gene expression analysis.
A rapid method for gene expression analysis, PURExpress is a novel cell-free transcription/ translation system reconstituted from the purified components necessary for E. coli translation. The nuclease-free and protease-free nature of the PURExpress platform preserves the integrity of DNA and RNA templates/complexes and results in proteins that are free of modification and degradation. Transcription and translation are carried out in a one-step reaction, and require the mixing of only two tubes. With results available in a few hours, PURExpress saves valuable laboratory time and is ideal for high throughput technologies.
PURExpress is based on the PURE system technology originally developed by Dr. Takuya Ueda at the University of Tokyo and commercialized as the PURESYSTEM® by Biocomber
- Cleaner system - lack of endogenous proteases or nucleases eliminates sample degradation
- Flexible - formulation amenable to modification
- Simple analysis - synthesized protein can often be visualized on a Coomassie stained gel
- Easy-to-use - requires the mixing of two tubes followed by the addition of template DNA, either circular or linear template
- Fast - reaction is complete in approximately two hours
- Efficient - purified components enable more control of translational and folding machinery
- Stable - resistant to multiple freeze/ thaw cycles
Expression and reverse purification of DHFR (A) and T4 DNA Ligase (B) using PURExpress.
125 μl reactions were carried out according to recommendations in the accompanying manual. Samples were analyzed on a 10–20% Tris-glycine gel and stained with Coomassie Blue. Note that in both cases, the desired protein can be visualized in the total protein fraction. The red dot indicates the protein of interest. Marker M: Protein Ladder #P7703
As of: 14.09.2021
Licenses/Patents/Disclaimers: PURExpress® is based on the PURE System Technology originally developed by Dr. Takuya Ueda at the University of Tokyo and commercialized as the PURESYSTEM® by BioComber (Tokyo, Japan). Licensed from BioComber (Tokyo, Japan) under Patent Nos. 7,118,883; WO2005-105994 and JP2006-340694. For research use only. Commercial use of PURExpress® Δ Ribosome Kit requires a license from New England Biolabs, Inc.
PURExpress Kit Components
|IN VITRO PROTEIN SYNTHESIS
|▲ RF 123
|▲ (aa, tRNA)
|Solution A||Solution A||Solution A||Solution A
(minus aa and tRNA)
|Solution B||Factor Mix||Solution B
(minus RF1, RF2 and RF3)
|Control (DHFR) template||Control (DHFR) template||Control (DHFR) template||Control (DHFR) template|
|Control Ribosomes||RF1, RF2 and RF3||Amino Acid Mixture|
|E. coli tRNA|