It’s a matter of expression.
Protein expression can be a very complex, multi-factorial process. Each protein requires a specific intracellular environment to correctly achieve its secondary and tertiary structures. Proteins may also require post-translational modifications or insertion into a cellular membrane for proper function. Other proteins, once expressed, may be toxic to the host. Thus, no single solution exists for the successful production of all recombinant proteins, and a broad range of expression tools is needed to ensure the successful expression of your target protein.
Our NEBExpress portfolio of products includes solutions for expression and purification, and is supported by access to scientists with over 40 years of experience in developing and using recombinant protein technologies in E. coli. We use these solutions in our own research and manufacturing processes, and know that quality and performance are critical – all of our products are stringently tested so that you can be sure they will work optimally for your solution, just as we rely on them to work in ours.
Video: Expression of difficult Proteins
Protein Expression Systems:
Generate analytical amounts of protein with our cell-free expression systems
- The PURExpress In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit, our cell-free transcription/translation system, enables protein expression in approximately two hours and is ideal for high throughput technologies
- NEBExpress Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System, our novel E. coli cell-extract based transcription/translation system, is designed to synthesize proteins under the control of T7 RNA Polymerase at high yields for a wide variety of proteins
Generate and purify high yields of recombinant proteins
- The NEBExpress MBP Fusion and Purification System utilizes a pMAL vector and the malE gene for the expression of MBP-fusion proteins, which can be isolated by a one-step affinity purification
- The IMPACT Kit utilizes engineered protein splicing elements (inteins) to purify recombinant proteins in a single step
- For analysis, try our protein standards, which are available unstained, prestained, or with two colors for easy identification
Optimized cells for protein expression
- Discover our optimized protein expressions strains
Eukaryotic protein expression
- K. lactis Protein Expression Kit for the expression of post-translational modified proteins in yeast
Purify tagged proteins with our magnetic beads, columns and resins
- Nickel spin columns, magnetic beads and resin enable rapid purification of His-tagged proteins
- Amylose resins for purification of MBP-tagged proteins are available in a variety formats (standard, high flow and magnetic)
- Chitin resin allows for rapid purification of CBD-tagged proteins
- Remove affinity tags following your purification with TEV Protease