With over 40 years of offering restriction enzymes to the research community, NEB has earned the reputation of being a leader in enzyme technologies. Working continuously to be worthy of that distinction, NEB strives to develop enzymes of the highest purity and unparalleled performance.
NEB scientists continue to improve its portfolio of restriction enzymes, as well as explore their utility in new technologies. As a result, NEB scientists continue to publish scientific papers and to be awarded grants in this area. With the industry’s largest research and development group dedicated to restriction enzymes, we are proud to have been there first: the first to commercialize a recombinant enzyme, the first to introduce a nicking enzyme, and the first to supply a true restriction enzyme master mix. In addition, NEB has an ongoing history of innovation by engineering restriction enzymes with altered specificities and improved performance. Through continued research in these areas, we are committed to driving the innovations that allow us to offer maximum convenience and performance.
- >215 restriction enzymes are 100% active in a single buffer – CutSmart™ Buffer.
- >195 restriction enzymes are Time-Saver qualified, meaning you can digest DNA in 5-15 minutes, or digest DNA safely overnight.
- Choose from >285 restriction enzymes, the largest selection commercially available.
- Choose a High-Fidelity (HF®) restriction enzyme, which has been engineered for reduced star activity, rapid digestion (5-15 minutes) and 100% activity in CutSmart Buffer. A vial of 6X Purple Loading Dye is included with most restriction enzymes.
- All of our restriction enzymes undergo stringent quality control testing, ensuring the highest levels of purity and lot-to-lot consistency.